Tuesday, February 10, 2015

RDI in the Home: A Personal Story

One of our local RDI Moms, Jenny, wrote her thoughts and experience from doing RDI in her home with two of her children. Thank you Jenny for taking the time to write this for us!


RDI in the Home
by: Jenny

I have had a successful yet interesting experience with RDI in that I have worked with two of my children in the program.  RDI has become such an integral part of my life that it has greatly affected the way I parent and interact with my children on a daily basis.  I worked several years with my daughter working on collaborative play and activities that enhanced dynamic thinking.  She is now 7 and is the social butterfly of the neighborhood.  She loves to play with other peers and is self-motivated to think beyond herself and incorporate dynamic thinking to increase the enjoyment of her interactions with others.


I have also worked with my son with RDI and had immense success.  He lacked a lot of the social development that helps him read other people and use dynamic thinking when interacting with others.  But after a couple years of RDI he started to grasp how to read a social cues.  He now is able to make friends easily and has a group of friends he plays with regularly. RDI has greatly enhanced my children’s experience and enjoyment in interacting with other peers. They are able to share experiences and find meaning with their peers around them.



If you would like to share your personal experience with RDI, please contact nicole@pryorconsulting.net

No comments:

Post a Comment