Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Through RDI, We Have Regained Hope

     One of Scott's families shared their story in an article published on the RDI Connect website last year. They discussed how RDI helped them regain hope in their son and in their family unit as a whole.

"After two years of working with our consultant I can't even begin to tell you how good it feels to be a competent parent.  It feels so good to no longer feel like I'm failing my child.  During our first year we had worked up a scenario of what we would like to see in our son in a year.  When I look back I can't help but cry.  He exceeded what our hopes were; partly because we were scared to hope.  Now our hopes are greater.  He is far more capable of having a good quality of life than we ever knew.  We are far more capable of helping him get there than we ever knew, and are looking forward to the journey."
-  Michelle Davis
    Mother of Malachi

Click here to find the article.